NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover - Online Shop
NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover is the modern alternative to dangerous acid based ‘Brick Acid’ type cleaners. Just to be very clear: BRICK ACID SHOULD NEVER BE USED ON ANY NATURAL STONE AND CONCRETE BLOCK PAVED SURFACES.
NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover is the best modern formulation that we have had specifically designed for effective and efficient cement, cement grout and efflorescent salts removal. This advanced cleaning solution can be used to help remove cement, cement grout and efflorescent salt residues on all types of unpolished natural stone and porcelain tiled paving. This unique NCC formulation will also not cause enhanced, or aggravated staining from any naturally occurring iron deposits, such as can commonly be found in light coloured sandstone and granite, especially with imported natural stone paving slabs.
Characteristics / Advantages
- Supplied ready-to-use
- Acid-free formulation
- Water dispersed – Solvent free
- Fast-acting for quick results
- Removes ugly efflorescence salts
- Removes cement grout spillages
- Removes cement stains
Directions for use (Always Shake the Container Well Before Use)
As with all paving cleaning and surface treatments, we strongly recommend that you always test NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover on an inconspicuous area prior to its general use. Always mask and protect any adjacent areas and materials that are not being treated with the product.
Surface preparation: Ensure that the surface to be treated is completely clean and free from any dirt and dust before application. Where necessary wash the areas first with NCC Grime Remover, rinse well with clean water and allow time to fully dry.
Application for Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Removal:1. For the removal of salts / efflorescence residues:
- Dilute NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover 1:1 with clean cold water and apply liberally on the affected surfaces using a low-pressure spray unit or with a suitable brush.
- Allow the NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover solution to work and react for around one hour at 20°C, do not allow to dry out. After one hour, or if it starts to dry out, re-apply and this time leave and allow to work for around half a day to a day, approximately 12 to 24 hours, then pressure hose / jet wash off with clean water.
- Allow to dry again and then give the surfaces a final treatment with a more dilute solution of NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover, this time diluted 1 to 5 with clean water, leave for a further 12 to 24 hours and finally rinse thoroughly with clean water by appropriate hose / jet washing.2. For the removal of cement and grout residues:
- Dilute NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover 1:1 with cold clean water. Apply liberally over the affected surface and where necessary in heavier areas of staining / contamination, agitate with a scrubbing brush or so-called boat deck brush.
- Allow the solution to work and react for around 10-15 minutes at 20°C, do not allow to dry out by re-applying the solution as required whilst scrubbing the surface, then pressure hose / jet wash off with clean water.
- Repeat as necessary on any heavily stained areas, then allow to dry again and if required for overall cleaning and consistency, give the surfaces a final treatment with a more dilute solution of NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover, this time diluted 1 to 5 with clean water, leave for an hour or so and finally rinse thoroughly with clean water by appropriate hose / jet washing.
Important Notes for Application:
- Please note that NCC Cement, Grout & Salts Residue Remover is NOT SUITABLE FOR USE on any highly polished marble, travertine, or limestone surfaces.
Consumption / Coverage (per litre):
Approximately 5 – 25 m2 depending on the level and thickness of cement grout and/or efflorescence salt deposits and staining.
If you need further advice or assistance check out the additional support, documentation and consumption calculator on this website, or you can call our specialist team for any more specific advice on 01257 266696 out of hours you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you just as soon as possible.